This month’s theme is dedicated to INTUITION. It will focus on how you connect with your intuition; within your practice but also within your body, mind and soul on and off the mat.
The practices this month are there to guide you to learn or develop further trust within yourself, to tap into or to just become aware of your intuition both on and off the mat. Intuition has been referenced as many things and manifests in different ways for each of us within our own body and mind. You may feel it as a little voice in your head, (which many times we have either ignored or pushed away), which is in close proximity to our third eye. Sometimes it can manifest itself as a sick or anxious feeling in your stomach depending on the situation. Another part of the body that this is commonly felt is in the chest or heart space. No matter how it manifests through bodily sensations, the reality is, this voice or feeling is never wrong as it is what your most authentic or highest self is reacting too when faced with choices.
Take a moment to think of your intuition being like your inner compass - a guiding instrument that helps you to make powerful choices that resonate with your authentic, true self. Our spiritual intelligence is essentially our intuitive guide that supports and protects us every single moment of our lives.
But only YOU are the expert of your own life. Many times we ignore or go against our intuition to please others. This often means our choices are to please colleagues, parents, friends, partners before ourselves. When we do this, we begin to manifest discomfort, tension, anxiety and unhappiness within ourselves as it is against our intuitive self, our higher good.
Albert Einstein once said: “The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
There are numerous ways or steps to help you tap into your intuition. This month’s practices focus on intuition within the body and will help you feel into a sense of trust for your own inner guide or teacher, using your emotions to help guide your movement. We will look at intuitive movement on the mat, which at first can feel a little scary as we are very used to relying on someone guiding or telling us what we should be doing. This will break down those barriers for you to delve deeper into your own guidance and trust within your body.
Away from the physical movement, we will also lean into thoughts. Instead of letting your thoughts rule you, I invite you to witness the thoughts as an observer, through the power and opening of our Third Eye (Ajna in Sanskrit), located in the space between the eyebrows. This is recognised as the centre of our inner sight and is closely associated with the pituitary gland and the pineal gland.
The Ajna Chakra signifies the subconscious mind. It is not a physical organ, but a state of consciousness where you see clarity beyond the physical perception of the senses and higher dimensions of perception open up.
I invite you to take more consideration and awareness over this month to help you connect further with yourself by maybe adding any of the below in to your day to day life:
- Daily Yoga practice.
- Allow more intuitive movement in your day to day.
- Meditations centered around Third Eye Chakra.
- Sit with quietness and listen to your own inner voice when it comes to hard choices (notice when self sabotage happens or unkind thoughts towards yourself come up, this is purely an exercise to allow that inner voice to be heard instead of suppressed).
- Start to trust in yourself and your gut feeling.
- Notice where in your body you feel your intuition arise.
- Surround yourself with people and energy that lift you up. Those who drain you will add to the noise and make it difficult to hear or trust in your own intuition. Remember you don’t need to live by anyone else's agenda.
- Become aware of what is going on around you in your environment. Understanding or seeing the environment and also different perspectives might help you make a better decision based on this.
- Connection. Find time to really connect in the present with those you are with or in the environment you are in. If you are with your partner, be with your partner, give them your attention, be in the moment. If you are going for a walk in nature, take it all in, look up (not down at your phone) , embrace the space and energy around you, notice how you feel when this happens.
- Take time for yourself and really think about what makes you happy and feel alive - this is where your intuition will ignite.
As well as all of the practices that are coming your way this month, maybe try the Ajna Chakra flow from Yoganuary 4.0. Click here to give it a go.
Cannot wait to see you on the mat this month. Love, Cat xx